Eligible personnel may receive legal assistance from any other Service (Army, Air Force, Marine Corps) legal assistance office. To locate the nearest legal assistance office, visit www.jag.navy.mil. For a list of frequently asked questions concerning legal assistance, visit the Legal Services FAQ.
If you are seeking legal assistance or defense services, please visit our Legal Services section.
To learn about becoming a uniformed lawyer, visit our JAG Careers section or click the "Careers" tab on the top navigation bar, and then select the career option you wish to learn about.
To request individual courts-martial records of trial, submit a request to the Military Justice Information Division. Instructions on how to submit a request are available on the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) page.
To obtain personnel information - career management, pay and leave information, visit the Navy Personnel Command.
To request an upgrade to a discharge, visit the Board for Correction of Naval Records.
To get information about benefits and other services for veterans, visit the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
To acquire official Navy personnel records and medals, visit the National Archives.
To locate someone currently serving in the Navy, please check the Navy'sFrequently Asked Questions.